What parents want
A ‘real’ gift guide:
- Sleep (Imagine if I had an affiliate link for this!!).
- A child-free hangover (Actually, no hangover at all, just the night out without the feeling of dehydrated death that follows).
try adding kids to the mix Mr Polar Bear.
- To feel like an ‘actual human’, rather than a servant to a band of hungry bipolar menopausal dwarves.
- To finish a meal/drink without anyone taking some or it going cold. #bliss
- To poo in peace.
What they don’t want
- Your unsolicited parenting ‘advice’.
- The dreaded ‘danger nap’. (You know the one when you child decides to ‘rest their eyes’ at 6 pm and you know you’ll pay for it later).
- Kids filled with sugar (I’m looking at you grandparents, it’s not funny)
- To hear the words, ‘I don’t feel too good’ (especially if someone has mentioned the phrase ‘vomiting bug’ in your presence recently)
- Noisy toys; drums, whistles, xylophones, battery operated toys, bears that repeat the same thing over and over and over and over (till you wish for the end)